Monday, October 18, 2010

Yes i do ♥ U

I have a crush on you,
i could ask you out, and move on with my life if you said no.
or, we could be friends,
see, i dont want to consider that you might not be attracted to me.
i am scared of rejection,
so i've decided relationships should grow smoothly out of friendships.

when you have problems,
i'll be there for you night after night.
i'll tear down the jerks you date,
and wait for you to realize how good i am for you.
that only i will understand you.
you won't want to hurt my feelings,
and i won't ever force the issue.
i'll tell myself it's because "i value our friendship".

bit by bit,
i will make you depend on me.
you'll think about how long it would take to build this kind of connection again.
and in a moment of weakness,
and loneliness,
you'll give in.

it'll feel comfortable and natural.
you'll quietly revise your definition f love and try to be happy.
and sometimes you will be.
only the wistfulness in your gaze and tiny pause before you say "i love you"
will hint that this wasn't the ending you'd hoped for.



I do love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment